Run away with the circus!
Scroll down below Ongoing Classes to get new information about how students move through levels of fabrics classes here at FC3.
Kids Night Out! = Parent's night out ;)
Friday night circus gym – Parents are welcome to drop off kids ages 6-13 years, All levels welcome. Register on DSP Find the Special events & workshops tab.
- Next KNO event is Jan 19th, 2023. 5:30-8:00pm. $45 per child; $34 for current students and siblings. Optional order pizza $1 per slice
- Other upcoming KNO dates -
- Activities include aerial, rola bola, hooping, juggling, slackline, stilt walking, and watching a circus video. We will make popcorn and share stories about our circus personas.
Fort Collins Circus Center 2536 Midpoint Dr. Fort Collins, CO. 80521
Winter 2 Performance 2024 session: January 7th through March 23rd
Preschool Gym - come tumble and FLY! – For ages 2.5 – 5 years. The first goal of this class is to encourage these students to work with the instructor without the help of their parents. This may take time, but that's okay! Activities include listening games, obstacle course, hanging on apparatuses, cooperative games, and meditation time.
Open Bounce Canceled for during warmer months. Open play time in the gym with mats and a big bouncy house! Please register on Dance Studio Pro or Contact Us to schedule your personal play date.
Aerial Preparation – For ages 5-8 years. This class is for motor learning and development through the lens of Circus arts! Includes personal and social well being, obstacle course, tumbling, dance, yoga, aerial sling, lyra and silks, juggling, hula hooping, rola bola and more!
6-8yr Intro, Level 1, 2 fabrics - All Aerial fabrics class! Must take intro level first. These classes are for students who have taken at least 2 sessions of Aerial Preparation or have tested into this level via an assessment with Super Jes. To schedule a $30 thirty minute assessment Contact Us
9-11 years aerial acrobatics – We offer classes in aerial silks, sling, trapeze, and lyra. New student session based enrollment can be done through the 2nd week of a session. New students may drop in through the 4th week of a session. After that, students need to do a $30 thirty minute assessment to be placed into the appropriate class. All students should begin in the Intro Level of any discipline unless having done an assessment.
All things circus - Join Coach Julie in learning all about getting creative in the circus arts! We will be learning multiple circus disciplines in this class such as, but not limited to: Aerial Sling, Lyra, Trapeze, Hooping, Poi, Juggling, Stilt Walking, Balloon Twisting, Unicycling, Acro Yoga, Face Painting, Character Building, and more!
Chinese Pole - Unlike the dancer pole, This one is thick and coated in rubber. Participants learn to climb and flip and support one another. Students should wear jeans, tennis shoes or specialty shoes, and bring long sleeves!
T(w)EENS – Aerial acrobatic classes are for socializing, athletic conditioning, learning new skills and sharpening old, and getting creative. It is a FUN way to maintain fitness, psycho-emotional well being and healthy relationships. Teens may also join adult classes! Same session format option as 9-11yrs.
- *You can be sure that it is safe to return to our space! We have excellent air flow in our space Plus a new HEPA air filtration system. Our instructors are vaccinated. We follow state guidelines for mask wearing and cleanliness. Hand sanitizer and soap is available for everyone’s use.
Next circus workshop event
January 4th and 5th. 9am - 3:00pm
Appropriate for ages 6-13 years. All levels welcome.
$80 per child: $70 sibling discount
February 19th. 9am - 12:30pm. $50 per child; $45 per child = sibling discount
Day off School means - Circus Time! Activities include Chinese pole, rolla bolla, slackline, stilt walking, aerial trapeze, lyra, sling and silks, Hula hooping, juggling and other flow arts.
Our circus professionals will support students in skill building and character building for performance.
Register on DSP Find the Special events & workshops tab
Strong Bodies and Minds. Valuable Relationships. Quality Experiences.
- Students will begin the day with some movement games and ninja art obstacles to activate body and mind.
- Students will participate in juggling, flow arts, and partner acrobatics to develop coordination, communication and cooperation skills.
- Students will have the opportunity to try out 2-4 aerial apparatuses and select one to perform a creative work on for during free time.
Advancement through the levels
Our Lyra and Trapeze program is just a couple classes big. We now offer intro-L1 and L2 Lyra and Trapeze classes! They are great for cross training and broadening skill base and content knowledge! We highly recommend fabrics students attend.
Our Fabrics program is extensive because we have the height.That's right!
All participants must begin in the Intro level or have tested into a higher level via an assessment with Super Jes. To schedule a $30 thirty minute assessment Contact Us
- To test out of the intro level...
- Must be able to perform straight and bent arm hangs for 10 seconds or more.
- Must have all stamps on the content board.
- Must be able to climb to the top with ease 4 times in a row
- Must be able to put on single footlock from a climb
- Must be able to do invert crochet cross back from a climb
- Must have at least ¾ of stamps on content board.
Must be able to invert cross back straddle with foot locks on consistently
- Must be able to single knee hook climb to the top - same side, opposite side, and on both legs
- Must be able to perform 4 eggs in a row
- Must be able to stay in the air for 4+ minutes
Must have ¾ of stamps on the content board.
Must be able to hold back balance in the silks for 10 seconds
Must be able to do 4 pull ups on a bar
Must be able to perform straight arm inverts
Must be able to perform strong wheel down/double star